During these unprecedented times, Whitsons’ continues to live our mission to Enhance Life One Meal at a Time™.
Steps We Are Taking to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19
The health and safety of our clients and team members is our top priority. As such, we have taken the following measures to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As we monitor the situation with the Coronavirus, we are enhancing certain protocols and providing additional resources, including:
- Requiring strict adherence to Whitsons’ Illness Reporting Policy for team members.
- Providing Coronavirus Facts from the CDC.
- Requiring team members to take heightened sanitation and personal hygiene measures, including promoting good respiratory and hand washing hygiene.
- Providing CDC approved cleaning agents.
- Ensuring that our team members continue strict adherence to food safety and sanitation protocols by reinforcing the sanitation standards set forth by the USDA, FDA, Department of Health and ServSafe.
- Requiring team members to telework, where possible.
We are all working in an ever-changing environment as our country’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. We continue to monitor the situation and will update our protocols and practices as needed.
We Are Here to Help Communities in Need
In light of the current Coronavirus pandemic, we are fully prepared to offer support and partner with communities in need. In addition to the services that we normally offer to our clients, Whitsons is also experienced in providing Emergency Dining Services.
With over 40 years of experience, Whitsons has provided meals in a wide range of emergency situations, including serving the rescue and recovery workers at the World Trade Center and four other support sites in the NY Metropolitan area following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. We also worked alongside the American Red Cross and New York City OEM, during both Hurricanes Sandy and Irene, to provide meals to people in need.
Our approach to dealing with emergencies is to be proactive, rather than reactive. Whitsons has the capability to provide meals in the event of a public health emergency such as COVID-19. We are ready to assist whenever and wherever the need arises. Whitsons has the ability to provide breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner meals. We can offer shelf-stable, fresh, cold or frozen meals.
Our emergency services and experience can be quickly implemented at any location in need of emergency support. If you anticipate that your community will need additional services, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may discuss how to best support your requirements.
Our team is ready and able to assist.