Healthy Lifestyles Start Here
Since 2004—ahead of government regulations—Whitsons made the bold decision to re-evaluate the food we served so we could offer our customers wholesome, quality ingredients in our freshly prepared meals. Today, we are taking it a step further: we have returned to our roots; back to the farm and to ingredients straight from the source.
Our foundation is set on strong family values, while our future remains focused on sustainable, real food. It is our commitment to use locally-sourced, all natural, organic or non-GMO products when possible. Our meals are made from scratch, as often as possible, using ingredients that are fresh, wholesome, seasonal, unprocessed and sustainable; eliminating refined, highly processed food devoid of nutrients or containing artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, sweeteners and altered fats.
In addition to using more wholesome and natural ingredients, our expanded food philosophy delivers:
- Ingredients with zero trans-fats, unless they are naturally occurring.
- Milk that is rBGH free, fat-free or 1%, and does not contain high fructose corn syrup.
- Chickens that are raised without the use of non-therapeutic antibiotics.
- Chicken and pork products that are hormone free.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
- Entrees that are made with lean meats, plant-based proteins, low-fat cheeses and whole grain products.
- Meals that are free from MSG, partially hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, flavors and/or preservatives and high fructose corn syrup.
- Dolphin safe tuna.
- Cage-free eggs (or pasture-raised when possible).
- Yogurt that is 100% all-natural or organic.
- A variety of balanced choices to satisfy the needs of customers.
- Local products that are purchased to support family farms and local economies.
The nutritional information contained on our website(s) is provided for general informational purposes only. Medical decisions regarding dietary needs should not be based on the nutritional information provided. Always consult your physician or other healthcare practitioner regarding your heath and dietary needs. Please be advised that food manufacturers may change their product formulation at any time without notice, and as a result, the ingredients and/or nutritional content may vary and we cannot guarantee the information displayed on our website(s). If you have any questions regarding the nutritional or allergen content of a particular food item, please consult with the food service director on duty at your location.
Whitsons offers simple ingredients you can understand and nutrition you can count on.