Healthy Lifestyles Start Here
Since 2004—ahead of government regulations—Whitsons made the bold decision to re-evaluate the food we served so we could offer our customers wholesome, quality ingredients in our freshly prepared meals. Today, we are taking it a step further: we have returned to our roots; back to the farm and to ingredients straight from the source.
Everyone deserves healthy and nutritionally balanced meals. Whitsons is dedicated to family values and serving wholesome foods. We have built these values into our Simply Rooted® food philosophy. On our journey to provide our customers with fresh and wholesome meals, we seek to minimize the use of processed foods, prioritizing the use of whole and natural foods whenever possible.
As part of our food philosophy we promote and encourage:
- Continual expansion of the use of organic, all-natural and non-GMO products, whenever possible.
- Meals that are free of MSG, partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificially added trans fats, artificial colors, flavors and/or preservatives.
- Local products that are purchased to support family farms and local economies.
- Seasonal farm-fresh local produce that provides foods at the height of their flavor profile while reducing our carbon footprint.
- Entrees made with lean meats, plant-based proteins, low-fat cheeses and whole grains.
- Milk that is rBGH-free, fat free or 1%, and does not contain high fructose corn syrup.
- Chickens that are raised without the use of non-therapeutic antibiotics.
- Poultry and pork products that are hormone free.
- Sourcing dolphin-safe tuna, purchasing fresh local fish and using the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch guidelines.
- Cage-free shelled and liquid eggs, and pasture-raised eggs when possible.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables every day.
- A variety of balanced choices to satisfy the needs of our customers.
The nutritional information contained on our website(s) is provided for general informational purposes only. Medical decisions regarding dietary needs should not be based on the nutritional information provided. Always consult your physician or other healthcare practitioner regarding your heath and dietary needs. Please be advised that food manufacturers may change their product formulation at any time without notice, and as a result, the ingredients and/or nutritional content may vary and we cannot guarantee the information displayed on our website(s). If you have any questions regarding the nutritional or allergen content of a particular food item, please consult with the food service director on duty at your location.
Whitsons offers simple ingredients you can understand and nutrition you can count on.