Always Ready to Respond
Whitsons Emergency Dining® is always at the ready, providing first response and twenty-four hour dining services in all types of emergency situations, including natural and man-made disasters, human resource emergencies, equipment failures, building damage and power outages. Given to our state-of-the-art culinary centers, supply chain redundancy, logistics management and experienced personnel, we can effectively provide immediate dining assistance after a disaster strikes.
Our Emergency Dining Services
We have the capability to provide breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner (and associated supplies), as needed, with the flexibility of choosing meals produced on-site or delivered in temperature-controlled vehicles from our USDA-inspected culinary centers. Our network of resources create a virtually failsafe system featuring:
- Mobile kitchens, temperature-controlled delivery vehicles and support equipment, including: propane convection ovens, field stoves, hand sinks, generators, mobile refrigeration and storage.
- Secure, FDA, USDA-inspected and approved production facility with full generator backup and multiple supply sources for redundancy.
- HAACP compliant cook-chill technology and the availability of fresh, flash frozen or shelf stable meals.
- Full compliance with Homeland Security safety regulations.
Our Emergency Capabilities
Whitsons has supplied dining services in a wide range of situations, from providing critical service during the first hours after a hurricane disaster, to serving four million meals over nine months to rescue and recovery workers at the World Trade Center following the 9/11 terrorist attacks. No matter where in the country a disaster strikes, our emergency services can be quickly implemented, including:
- Development of customized emergency and disaster recovery plans.
- Vehicle and equipment supply and management.
- Remote kitchen planning and set-up and/or onsite operations/logistics management.
- Menu creation, including special diet accommodations.
- Ordering, meal production and inventory management.
- Training of clients’ staff/volunteers and/or provision of Whitsons’ disaster service professionals.
- Warehouse and donations management.
- Business revitalization/recovery programs.
We are ready to assist whenever and wherever the need arises.
Within hours after the World Trade Center attacks, Whitsons was contacted by the Salvation Army to provide food within 24 hours to thousands of rescue workers in Ground Zero. Whitsons’ volunteers worked with the Salvation Army to serve up to 12,000 hot meals on a daily basis to the workers as they removed debris and search for victims. We worked around the clock for 9 months, serving 4 million meals. In addition, we instituted an unprecedented program to revitalize the downtown restaurants that were affected by the tragedy.
How May We Serve You?
Is your community ready for any emergency situation? Click here to contact us to learn more about how you can prepare before a disaster strikes in your community.