Posted on October 11, 2021
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially since it provides the fuel you need to begin your day energized. Studies have shown an increase in both attention skills and knowledge retention when you begin your day with a balanced, nutritious breakfast. The American Dietetic Association has proven that both children and adults who eat breakfast have better problem-solving skills and improved hand-eye coordination as well. It also helps you to make healthier choices throughout the rest of your day.
Looking to eat a healthy breakfast but don't know what to choose? A great tip is to pare protein, wholesome carbs and fresh fruits or vegetables to pack a nutritious punch of energy. Try these quick and healthy to go breakfast items and start the day off well!
- Whole Grain English Muffin with Peanut Butter and Sliced Apples.
- Sliced Hardboiled Eggs on Whole Grain Toast with Orange Slices.
- Overnight Oats made with Almond Milk and Fresh Berries.
- Low-fat Yogurt with Granola and Blueberries.
- Whole Grain Toast with Avocado or Homemade Guacamole.
- Protein Based Smoothie with Fruits and Veggies.
- Whole Grain, Reduced Sugar Cereal with Fresh Cut Fruit and Milk.
- Scrambled Eggs with Veggies on a Whole Grain English Muffin.